I’m reading a P. G. Wodehouse novel currently and I realized something. Comedy maybe very much prevalent and available these days but there is no brand of humor as great as Wodehouse’s. Sure, comedy these days generates a lot of laughs but how much of it is worth laughing at over and over again? Look at the following gems from Wodehouse and tell me you don’t think they’re comedy gold.
1. When Love didn’t get the numbers right.
2. This quote about a man who’s got his life together, tbh.
3. Do I really need to wear pants today?
4. Where you’d say disgruntled, he says this.
5. Forget immoral and illegal. Why does it have to be fattening? *sighs*
6. “Unseen in the background, Fate was quietly slipping lead into the boxing-glove.”
7. I’m definitely going to make “abysmal soul-sadness” a part of my vocabulary.
9. This description of a gas-pipe enthusiast.
10. We’ve found the cure for grey hair!
11. This quip about the unfortunately named Finknottle.
There you have it! 11 perfect examples to show that Wodehouse is the real MVP in comedy.
What did you think of the post? Which one did you like the best? Or is there one of your favorites that wasn’t featured in the list? As always, let me know in the comments!
Find me on Goodreads.